- Global resource of scholarly journals and other periodicals related to communications and mass media, most containing full-text articles
CMMC incorporates CommSearch (formerly produced by the National Communication Association) and Mass Media Articles Index (formerly produced by Penn State) along with numerous other journals to create a research and reference resource of unprecedented scope and depth in the communication and mass media fields. App information
- Full text database of over 2,000 periodicals, trade publications and scholarly journals covering all business disciplines
An essential article database for business research providing the full text for more than 2,000 periodicals, including about 1,000 scholarly journals. Covers virtually all disciplines in business and economics, including: accounting, economics, econometrics, finance, marketing, management, MIS, QMM and supply chain management. App information
- Access to 5,000+ magazines, journals, and newspapers
Searches multiple ProQuest products, indexing 5,000+ magazines, journals, and newspapers. It contains Full text (word file with no photos or tables) or images (looks like real paper publication) to over 2,000 journals, and Full text to 150+ newspapers. Keywords: news, new york times,current events, contemporary issues, hot topics, english 15,cas100.
- Abstracts and indexes of international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences
CSA Sociological Abstracts abstracts and indexes the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. The database provides abstracts of journal articles and citations to book reviews drawn from over 1,700 serials publications, and also provides abstracts of books, book chapters, dissertations, and conference papers. Records added after 1974 contain in-depth and nonevaluative abstracts of journal articles.
- Includes analyst reports, charts, articles, interviews/case studies, PowerPoint presentations, comparative estimates, forecasts, webinars, and more, across all industries worldwide
- Addresses how consumers spend their time, how consumers spend their money, and what marketers are doing to reach them
eMarketer research helps marketers answer three essential questions: how consumers spend their time, how consumers spend their money, and what marketers are doing to reach them. By gathering data from thousands of sources and putting it into context, eMarketer provides the world's top brands, agencies and media companies with the most complete view of digital marketing available. Every report openly references studies and interviews that are handpicked from more than 4,000 research sources. Content is provided in the format of analyst reports, charts, articles, interviews/case studies, PowerPoint presentations, comparative estimates, forecasts, webinars and more. High level topics include: Advertising & Marketing, B2B, Consumers & eCommerce, Demographics, Email, Media Usage, Mobile, Search, Social Media and Video. These topics cut across all industries and geographies.
Newspapers / Press Releases
Newspapers provide important business/company/industry trends. National newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times are important, but so are local newspapers where a company may be headquartered.
Find out which databases cover particular newspapers
The University Libraries provide access to many newspaper titles in print, electronic, and microfilm formats. Use NewsFinder to locate newspapers in any format and location within the University Libraries collections.
Provides access to a wide range of news, business, legal, and reference information. Covers many news sources for 20 years. Court cases and statutes from all federal and state jurisdictions are included. Most resources can be searched in full text.
- News content from The Associated Press, Reuters, local affiliates of ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox, coverage from Canadian Broadcasting, Agence France-Presse and more- Tutorial NewsBank Access World News (presentation)
The electronic editions of record for local, regional, and national U.S. newspapers as well as full-text content of key international sources -- all in one easy-to-search database with a world map. Each provides unique coverage of local and regional news, including companies, politics, sports, industries, cultural activities, and people in the community, as well as a distinctive focus offering a variety of viewpoints on local and world issues. Also includes limited streaming video.
- Full-text access to top national and international newspapers
- TIP: Choose "Search" from top tool bar, click on "Industry", then select "Advertising/Public Relations/Marketing
- Limited number of users for this database. Please select the LOGOUT option before you leave your session.
Dow Jones Factiva database A global information resource, providing full-text access to top national and international newspapers (including full text of the Wall Street Journal), newswires, business journals, market research reports, analysts reports and web sites. Contains over 8000 publications with content from 118 countries in 22 languages. This database was formerly called Dow Jones Interactive. Updated daily. We have a limited number of users for this database. Please select the logout option before you leave your session.
- Daily financial data for SEC-filing media companies (wireline, wireless, cable, satellite, broadcasting, content, distribution, publishing, advertising, and new media)- Analytical studies, data sets, and newspapers- Channel lineups, provider footprints, and subscriber estimates in the U.S., as well as multichannel package information for the top U.S. operators- Research on Pay-TV and IPTV subscribers, consumption of digital multiscreen entertainment- NOTE: Requires a user account, free to Penn State users.
NOTE: First-time users will need to create an individual account with SNL Kagan (no cost for Penn State users).-Daily financial data for SEC-filing media companies (wireline, wireless, cable, satellite, broadcasting, content, distribution, publishing, advertising, and new media);-SNL Kagan analytical studies, data sets, and newsletters;-Asset-level detail for wireless licenses and markets and wireline regulatory/ARMIS data;-Channel lineups, provider footprints, and subscriber estimates in the U.S., as well as multichannel package information for the top U.S. operators;-Research on Pay-TV and IPTV subscribers, infrastructure equipment, delivery devices, forecasts, and semiconductors and software for multimedia-enabled consumer electronics devices;-Research on the Over-the-Top (OTT) Industry and home networking; and-Research on the discovery, acquisition, and consumption of digital multiscreen entertainment over connected consumer electronics devices.
Includes industry market research, company research, global industry research, business environment information
IBISWorld provides over 700 full-text industry reports, 700 US industry risk rating reports, and information on over 8000 Publicly Traded US Companies as well as hundreds of economic and demographic profiles.