Use folders: References may exist in more than one folder and folders can have sub-folders.
- Click My Folders on the left.
- Click Add a Folder, and name your folder.
- Click "all documents" or "recent documents"
- Find the reference you want to move, click to select it (you can select more than one document at a time), and use the button at the top or drag it over into your new folder.
- Click the search icon in the upper right corner to search across the full-text of your library.
- Add tags and notes to references to make them easier to find.
- Remove duplicates by clicking the Tools icon in the RefWorks menu bar menu and selecting "find duplicates"