- Annual report on American journalism with trends and data about all major sectors of journalism
- Fact Sheets include: Local TV News, Network News, Cable News, Audio, Podcasting, Public Broadcasting, Newspapers, News Magazines, Alternative Weeklies, Digital News Revenue, Digital News Audience, African American News Media, Hispanic News Media
NOTE: Requires a user account, free to Penn State users.
- Daily financial data for SEC-filing media companies (wireline, wireless, cable, satellite, broadcasting, content, distribution, publishing, advertising, new media)
- Analytical studies, data sets, newspapers, research on Pay-TV and IPTV subscribers
- Channel lineups, provider footprints, U.S. subscriber estimates, U.S. multichannel package information for top operators
NOTE: First-time users will need to create an individual account with SNL Kagan (no cost for Penn State users).-Daily financial data for SEC-filing media companies (wireline, wireless, cable, satellite, broadcasting, content, distribution, publishing, advertising, and new media);-SNL Kagan analytical studies, data sets, and newsletters;-Asset-level detail for wireless licenses and markets and wireline regulatory/ARMIS data;-Channel lineups, provider footprints, and subscriber estimates in the U.S., as well as multichannel package information for the top U.S. operators;-Research on Pay-TV and IPTV subscribers, infrastructure equipment, delivery devices, forecasts, and semiconductors and software for multimedia-enabled consumer electronics devices;-Research on the Over-the-Top (OTT) Industry and home networking; and-Research on the discovery, acquisition, and consumption of digital multiscreen entertainment over connected consumer electronics devices. SNL recommends Chrome and IE.
- Includes analyst reports, charts, articles, interviews/case studies, PowerPoint presentations, comparative estimates, forecasts, webinars, and more, across all industries worldwide
- Addresses how consumers spend their time, how consumers spend their money, and what marketers are doing to reach them
eMarketer research helps marketers answer three essential questions: how consumers spend their time, how consumers spend their money, and what marketers are doing to reach them. By gathering data from thousands of sources and putting it into context, eMarketer provides the world's top brands, agencies and media companies with the most complete view of digital marketing available. Every report openly references studies and interviews that are handpicked from more than 4,000 research sources. Content is provided in the format of analyst reports, charts, articles, interviews/case studies, PowerPoint presentations, comparative estimates, forecasts, webinars and more. High level topics include: Advertising & Marketing, B2B, Consumers & eCommerce, Demographics, Email, Media Usage, Mobile, Search, Social Media and Video. These topics cut across all industries and geographies.
- (E-book) collection of case studies of good practice in community media with focus on electronic media including radio, television, internet and mobile
- Examples from 30 countries, but primarily drawn from developing countries
E-book explores the interplay of political and media transitions over the last 25 years, covering different pathways of democratization which have taken place in Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia