To find print and electronic materials in the University Libraries, use the library catalog. You can also use the advanced search option. To find books, eBooks, and other materials in Spanish (or Portuguese), enter "Spanish" in the language drop-down box before submitting your search.
When you locate your item you have two choices:
You can request the item using "I want it" on the item record and pick it up at the Pattee/Paterno Common Service Desk. Or, you can retrieve the book yourself from either Pattee/Paterno stacks. If you choose this option, make sure you write down the location and call number of the item.
Access to digital content may vary, but in many cases you will be able to download materials in pdf format.
If the item is not available in the catalog, there are other options:
Call Numbers for Spanish and Portuguese Languages and Literatures:
Numbers in the PC class for language:
- PC4001 - PC4977: Spanish
- PC5001 - PC5498: Portuguese
Numbers in the PQ class for literature:
- PQ6001 - PQ8929: Spanish Literature (Spain)
- PQ7081 - PQ8560: Spanish Literature (Spanish America)
- PQ7100 - PQ7300: Mexico
- PQ7471 - PQ7539: Central America (alphabetical by country)
- PQ7551 - PQ8549: South America (alphabetical by country)
- PQ9000 - PQ9999: Portuguese Literature