Note: Citations with more than one line of text should have a hanging indent of 1/2 inch or 5 spaces.
- Author (last name, initials only for first & middle names)
- Date of publication of article (year and month for monthly publications; year, month and day for daily or weekly publications)
- Title of article (capitalize only the first word of title and subtitle, and proper nouns)
- Title of publication in italics (i.e., Journal of Abnormal Psychology, Newsweek, New York Times)
- Volume number in italics and issue number, if given
- Page numbers of article
- For articles retrieved online, include URL or DOI, if available
Article in a monthly magazine:
Swedin, E. G. (2006, May/June). Designing babies: A eugenics race with China? The Futurist, 40, 18-21.
Article in an online magazine:
Romm, J. (2008, February 27). The cold truth about climate change. Salon.com. Retrieved from http://www.salon.com/2008/02/27/global_warming_deniers/
Article in a weekly magazine:
Will, G. F. (2004, July 5). Waging war on Wal-Mart. Newsweek, 144, 64.
Article in a daily newspaper:
Dougherty, R. (2006, January 11). Jury convicts man in drunk driving death. Centre Daily Times, p. 1A.
Article in a scholarly journal with DOI:
Blattner, J., & Bacigalupo, A. (2007). Using emotional intelligence to develop executive leadership and team and organizational development. Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice and Research, 59(3), 209-219. doi:10.1037/1065-92220.127.116.11
Rifkind, D. (2005, April 10). Breaking their vows. [Review of the book The mermaid chair, by S.M. Kidd]. Washington Post, p. T6.