For this assignment, I am asking you to use the Penn State catalog and electronic databases to create a Research Bibliography. This bibliography will be comprised of a body of articles and books you have found on your chosen topic in relation to your Research Essay Assignment. Once you determine the narrowed topic of this research paper, you will choose your Works Cited entries from this larger bibliography.
- First, select a general topic(s) to research. The topic should be related to your Research Essay Assignment. Additionally, the topic will guide your investigation, and help you arrive at the more specific subject/question you will address in your research paper. Note: Please see assignment for sample topics
- Use the PSU catalog and databases to locate sources related to your chosen theme. You must have a total of ten sources (five points each), including the following:
- At least five articles from peer reviewed journals or academic/scholarly magazines.
- At least three articles from newspapers or credible magazines.
- You may also consider books or other credible sources for the final 2
- All of your sources must have been published within the last decade
- All sources must be reputable, credible, and reliable.
- Create a Bibliography page in which you arrange all your sources according to the APA format.
- Beneath each source, create an annotation (no more than a paragraph) explaining the quality of the source, summarizing the content of the source and explaining why it has been useful to you as a researcher. Briefly describe what the article is about and how it relates to your topic. Summarize in your own words. DO NOT cut-and-paste the abstracts from search engines or journals. DO NOT include sources that have been of no help to you, or that simply repeat the same information found in an earlier source.