These sources are general and cover both plants and animals.
Print identification guides and other resources may be available; check the catalog for locations and availability.
There are many apps that can be used to identify plants, trees, birds, insects and other organisms. Find apps, such as iNaturalist, recommended by the BIOL 110 lab coordinators, in the appropriate app stores, or linked below:
- Merlin (bird identification)
- Audubon (bird identification)
- PlantSnap (plants, flowers, cacti, succulents, and mushroom identification)
- Pl@ntNet (plants, flowers, and tree identification)
- Picture Insect: Bug Identification (Android, App Store)