- Search by global region, country, publication title
- Full-text articles from US national and regional newspapers
The electronic editions of record for local, regional, and national U.S. newspapers as well as full-text content of key international sources -- all in one easy-to-search database with a world map. Each provides unique coverage of local and regional news, including companies, politics, sports, industries, cultural activities, and people in the community, as well as a distinctive focus offering a variety of viewpoints on local and world issues. Also includes limited streaming video.
- Global, full-text information resource with daily update
- Within industry, search media and/or telecommunications
- Restrict by region or country
- Limited number of user seats for this database - please "logout" before you leave your session
Dow Jones Factiva database A global information resource, providing full-text access to top national and international newspapers (including full text of the Wall Street Journal), newswires, business journals, market research reports, analysts reports and web sites. Contains over 8000 publications with content from 118 countries in 22 languages. This database was formerly called Dow Jones Interactive. Updated daily. We have a limited number of users for this database. Please select the logout option before you leave your session.
Includes a digitized image of every backfile issue of The New York Times from cover to cover, including news stories, editorials, photos, graphics, and advertisements. Searchers can use basic keyword, advanced, guided, and relevancy search techniques to locate information. Or, they can browse through issues page by page, as one would browse a printed edition. Search results lists provide bibliographic information, including date, issue, article headline, page number, and byline (where given). Users may choose to display the full page image of any page in any issue.
Includes a digitized image of issues of The Chicago Tribune from 1849-1990: news stories, editorials, photos, graphics, and advertisements. Searchers can use basic keyword, advanced, guided, and relevancy search techniques to locate information. Or, they can browse through issues page by page, as one would browse a printed edition. Search results lists provide bibliographic information, including date, issue, article headline, page number, and byline (where given). Users may choose to display the full page image of any page in any issue.
Today, it focuses not only on the stock market, but on all aspects of global business, economics, consumer affairs, and trends and issues. Online researchers have access to more than 100 years of The Journal's accurate reporting, exclusive analysis, agenda setting editorials, and controversial opinions. In addition to the printed stories, researchers also can study the charts, stock tables, graphics, and illustrations featured in the publication.With this resource, users can study the development of industries and companies across decades, monitor the implementation and effects of fiscal policies on the global economy, study opposing viewpoints at critical times in the world's history, and more. This title is especially appealing to those interested in business, finance, economics, and journalism.
- Identify what newspapers we have for a certain geographic area or what format(s) we have for a certain newspaper title
- Locate newspapers in any format and PSU library location
The University Libraries provide access to many newspaper titles in print, electronic, and microfilm formats. Use NewsCAT to locate newspapers in any format and location within the University Libraries collections.
- Comprehensive resource of scholarly journals and other periodicals related to communications and mass media, most containing full-text articles
- Good source of information on communication issues on a worldwide scale, from a variety of publishers, research institutions and information sources
CMMC incorporates CommSearch (formerly produced by the National Communication Association) and Mass Media Articles Index (formerly produced by Penn State) along with numerous other journals to create a research and reference resource of unprecedented scope and depth in the communication and mass media fields. App information
- Multi-disciplinary database with full-text periodicals, trade publications and peer-reviewed journals
- Includes monographs (books), reports, and conference proceedings
- Many articles in PDF format
Academic Search Complete is a comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 5,300 full-text periodicals, including 4,400 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 9,300 journals and a total of 10,900 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1865, with the majority of full text titles in native (searchable) PDF format.App information
- Associated Press (1826-present)
- Over 4.6 million photographs, with some audio and graphics (800 items added daily; annually, 200 selected for permanent retention)
- Searchable by people, event, photographer, media type, etc.
An average of 800 state, regional, national and international photos are added daily to the AP Photo Archives. After a year, approximately 200 of the best daily photos are retained permanently. The Photo Archive's historical collection continues to grow, featuring images from significant news and features events of the 20th century. The earliest photograph available is a photograph of Abraham Lincoln taken in 1844. Permitted uses of these images include: 1. printing copies for educational and research use; 2. creating PowerPoint presentations, slides, and multimedia presentations when usage is confined to the licensed institution; 3. posting on a secure web site available only to authorized users; 4.e-mailing single images to an individual e-mail recipient.
- Research essays on media images of groups including African Americans, Latinos, women, the elderly, the physically disabled, gays and lesbians, Jewish Americans, others
- Analyzes media's harmful depictions of cultural groups, offering alternative representations